First Aid Training
“Enhancing knowledge and skills nationwide,” Accredited by a range of legislation
We are a QualsafeAwards registered Training Company and provide a wide range of accredited courses to ensure your organisation remains compliant with current rules and regulations, equipping your team with the knowledge and skills to enhance their competency levels meeting current legislation and guidance.
Our talented team of consultants offer you advice and guidance ensuring training is both compliant and enjoyable; Bespoke course content to meet your business demands.
All our courses are delivered by our fully qualified trainers and can be administrated on site if required.
As a training provider we offer a range of First Aid Course qualifications to businesses and organisations throughout the UK.
The training programme for this course includes the following:
- The role of a first aider and prioritising
- Managing Incidents safely and the assessment of casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Purpose and safe use of AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- Managing unconscious casualty
- Dealing with wounds including infection control, severe bleeding and treatment shock
- Assessing and managing burns
- The recording of incidents and actions
- First aid treatment for choking including wheelchair choking techniques
- First aid treatment for minor injuries
Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the student, there are multiple assessments. Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with a certificate that is valid for three years. Under the current guidelines it is strongly recommended that first aid trained staff attend a half-day update every twelve months.
All our first aid courses are legally compliant with the Health and Safety Regulations (1981 and 2013 amendment to regulation 3(2) of the Health and Safety (First-aid) Regulations
The Training programme for this course includes the following:
- First aid principles
- Basic life support (CPR and use of AED
- Treating shock
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Breathing management
- Fractures, dislocations and head injury's
- Asthma attacks and choking
- Prevention of cross infection
- Assessing and treating wounds and bleeds
- Managing epilepsy and diabetes
- Treating minor and major illnesses
- Treating anaphylaxis
- Treating burns and eye injury's
- Secondary surveys
- Legal aspects
- Record keeping and equipment use
This 5 day course provides learners with the skills to deal with a range of Pre-Hospital care emergencies including the management of fractures, managing a patients airways, catastrophic bleeding and medical emergencies.
For learners who have already obtained a FREC 3 qualification this course teaches learners a wider scope of practice in Pre-Hospital care emergencies. It is designed for learners looking to progress their career within the NHS, as an emergency care assistant with a private ambulance service, an event or healthcare provider or learners looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police or fire service.